Sunday, March 27, 2016

Getting to Know Christ

One of the scriptures I read this week is found in 2 Peter 1:3-8, in the New Testament. But before I talk about these particular verses, I would like to give you a little background. According to the New Testament Institute Manual, "The Apostle Peter was the preeminent witness of Jesus Christ in the early Christian Church. His two epistles were written at a time of great persecution and apostasy. (...) In his second epistle, Peter encouraged disciples of Jesus Christ to seek after the traits that would enable them to obtain a divine nature like the Savior." The verses I mentioned above, reveal the traits he was talking about:

According as his divine power hath given unto us aall things that pertain unto   blife and cgodliness,through the knowledge of him that hath called us dto   glory   and evirtue:

 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious apromisesthat by these ye might be bpartakers of the cdivine dnaturehaving eescaped the fcorruption    that is in the world through glust.

 And beside this, giving all adiligenceadd to your faith bvirtueand to virtue   cknowledge;


 And to knowledge atemperanceand to temperance bpatienceand to patience   cgodliness;

 And to godliness abrotherly bkindnessand to brotherly kindness ccharity.


 For if these things be in you, and aaboundthey make you that ye shall neither be bbarren nor cunfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.


I hope you have had the time to click on the links throughout this post and to watch this little video in which Elder Uchtdorf shares a little bit about our testimony of Jesus Christ. I know that as we strive to develop and nurture the traits listed in the verses above, we will get to know Christ, we will increase our faith in His sacrifice for us. I love my Savior! And I pray that Heavenly father will give me guidance as I try my best to follow His counsels and commandments.


No comments:

Post a Comment