Sunday, November 24, 2013

A New Commandment

How can others know that I am a disciple of Christ?
Answer: John 13:34-35
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Pretty self-explanatory, right?!
And how do we show love for others? We show love when we help family members with their chores, with or without being asked. We show love when we express appreciation for that family member who helped us with our chores. We show love when we stand up for a friend who is being ridiculed because of the way he dresses. We show love when we make feel new people feel welcome in our group. We show love when we say “I’m sorry”, “Thank you” and “I love you”. We show love when we tried to put ourselves in somebody else’s shoes and refrain from judging them. We show love when we smile to strangers. We show love when we speak kindly of others. But most importantly, we show love when we FEEL LOVE.

My religion class instructor gave me an assignment this week that I would like to pass along:
·                ---  Ponder the question, “Do people know that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ by the way I treat them?” Select a family member, coworker, or neighbor and make a short list of things you can do during the coming week to show him or her the kind of love the Savior would show. Then follow through with what you wrote down.

I pray that I can be successful as I make improvements in my life to love people and show them my love.


No comments:

Post a Comment