Friday, January 15, 2016

Conversion to Christ

      Perhaps the story of Saul is the most well-known among Christians when it comes to conversion --as in converting ourselves into true disciples of Christ. This account is found in the New Testament, on Acts chapter 9.
       My favorite verse in that chapter reads,

"And he trembling and astonished said, Lord,
what wilt thou have me to do?"

     We all come to situations in life where our own knowledge and experience lack the necessary wisdom to move forward. In those times, we need to remember to call upon the Lord for help. He will be there for us, as he was for Saul. We just need to exercise the faith and ask. Then, with determination and courage, we must obey Heavenly Father’s will, no matter how hard the journey might be. 


(lds.org)

     I was very young, 9 years old, when my family joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, so it is safe to say I still had plenty to learn. I knew that I wanted to follow Christ's examples. I felt I was doing something right, something good. Which I better understand now that it was the Holy Ghost testifying to me of the truthfulness of the Gospel. However, it was through the lessons I was taught in Primary, and then later seminary attendance and the study of the scriptures, that helped me strengthen my testimony of the Savior. I am 34 years old now, and I am still working on my conversion. Every time I pray, study the scriptures, attend church or go to the temple, I get closer to my Heavenly Father. 
It is not an easy journey, but it is one that brings us true happiness.

      The video below teaches us that when we diligently seek to learn of Christ that will get to know Him.

"Let us courageously move forward in faith, hope, and charity." Elder Dieter F. Utchdorf

(lds.org)



No comments:

Post a Comment